Monday, September 1, 2014

Long Weekend Recap!

Happy Labor Day everyone!

I hope you're all enjoying your long weekend, and having fun with friends and family! I have some down time this afternoon before dinner so I thought I'd squeeze in a quick post about what I've been up to this weekend. As I was going through my pictures on my phone I realize I have quite a few things to post but I'll get those recipes up later. For now, I just do a quick recap and hopefully have the rest of the stuff up by tomorrow.

I went to lunch with my mom on Friday and I just took her to the Panera since it's right down the street from my house. I was originally going to meet my best friend on campus but she wasn't feeling too well. So it worked out since my mom and I don't always get to have time alone!


I got one my all-time favorite salad which is the Greek salad with chicken on top. I always get the dressing on the side because the portion it comes with is way too much! I usually only use about 1/4-1/2 of only one of the little cups they give you. This saves me plenty of fat and calories! 

After lunch I made a quick run to Trader Joe's to stock up on some stuff for the weekend. I found plenty of new snacks to try out so I'll do a separate post on those! I found this new guacamole made with Greek yogurt that I'm unofficially obsessed with at the moment.  

Then of course since it was Treat Yoself Friday I whipped up quite the delicious dessert for myself! I used a new vanilla ice cream I found at Trader Joe's, and a random assortment of goodies that I found in our pantry. 


This sundae had Trader Joe's Light Vanilla ice cream, toasted oat flakes, crumbled mini oatmeal cookies, dark chocolate vanilla caramels, and sprinkles of course! 


Saturday morning was Leg Day (a.k.a. the best day) and after training hamstrings and glutes, I whipped up a protein smoothie as my post-workout! Only this time I turned it up a notch on this one and added in some oatmeal raisin cookies that I had bought on Friday afternoon. It was delicious and I'll get that recipe up soon! 

Later on Saturday evening my whole family went up to my grandma's house to see our family friend from Georgia. I brought along my Roasted Vegetable Salad because I knew my aunt would be there and it's her favorite. They had gone to a surprise party beforehand so they claimed they were all too full to eat anything, but she eventually caved and ate some of my salad as I knew she would! 

In addition to the roasted brussel sprouts and carrots, I added fresh blueberries, heirloom tomatoes, arugula, red bell peppers, feta cheese, and chopped pecans. 

This morning I made a giant protein pancake to fuel up for my run. I've still been squeezing in about one run per week just to keep up with it and because I honestly love it. Nothing makes me happier than logging those miles! 


After my 5 mile run, I did abs and called it a day. This has been a great week so far with training!


After working out I was too sweaty to sit on the couch but also too lazy to go upstairs and shower yet so I was just hanging out to watch the ending of a movie. I'm not sure how this happened but one minute Layla was laying on the couch and then the next she rolled over so she was sitting across my shoulders. She just kept rolling around happy as a clam. Until she fell completely off the couch. It's never a dull moment with this dog around! 


 The best find of the weekend though? COOKIE DOUGH OREOS. 

I may or may not have gotten some stares in Target when I finally got my hands on these. I've been seeing them on so many people's pages that the jealousy I've felt is very real. When I finally saw them today I made a beeline for them while making quite the commotion. Good thing no one was in the way! I originally was going to grab the Halloween ones but dropped those like it's hot once I saw the cookie dough ones.

I immediately recalculated my macros for tomorrow and they fit perfectly! I'll take that as a sign from God that it's meant to be :)

Later for dinner we're grilling turkey burgers that may or may not have the guacamole I mentioned before involved, and I plan on trying out a new snack recipe tonight!

What plans do you guys have for the holiday?!


As always, I had my little buddy around to keep me company while I blogged! 


No comments:

Post a Comment