Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Smoothie

So one of the things I picked up last week during my Trader Joe's splurge was the mini oatmeal raisin cookies which are one of my favorite cookies they have there. They're nice and crunchy with just the right amount of sweetness to satisfy any sugar craving I might have all while being good for my macros! 

I'm a firm believer in treating myself but I still like to do it the right way with IIFYM. Yes, I eat Oreos on a regular basis but I also fill up on whole and organic foods the other 95% of the day. 


Saturday morning I decided to make my usual protein smoothie after training legs. Sometimes it depends on if I have a protein smoothie before or after working out but after training a large muscle groups like my hamstrings and glutes, I like to have my protein smoothie afterwards. I've found that for arms or shoulders it doesn't necessarily matter in terms of muscle recovery. I can also go much much heavier on my legs with weights than upper body right now so that also plays an important factor. It's all about what works for your body!


I decided that it might be fun to add in the cookies with my smoothie for extra taste and as a reward to myself. I hit two new PRs that day with the weights and I was pretty proud! My next goal is to be deadlifting over 100lbs and over 250 on the leg press. I know it still might not be a lot to some people but we all start somewhere! 

So this smoothie had: 
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use Designer Whey since they use stevia not sucralose)
6-7 oatmeal raisin cookies
2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk


I first blended the almond milk, protein powder, half the cookies, and peanut butter together until it was smooth. Then, I added it the rest of the cookies and gave it a quick couple pulses. I still wanted large enough bites of the cookies but you could always add it all together to make the whole thing smooth. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment