Friday, September 19, 2014

Chile Lime Chicken Burger

I have found my latest obsession from Trader Joe's: chile lime chicken burgers! We made them last night for dinner and then I made the leftover one into a wrap for lunch today. Needless to say I'm looking forward to lunch even more now!

The chicken burgers are already pre-formed and kept frozen so all you have to do is grill them so the whole process takes less than 20 minutes. For those of you like my sister who have a problem with raw meat, these are great for you since you don't have to bother with making the patties yourself! Amanda hates touching raw ground meat because of the bacteria so I'm always the official patty-maker when it comes to burgers.

Just buy yourself a box (or two, definitely three, maybe 4) and follow the instructions given. We used our cast iron skillet with the grill ridges in it which is what always works best for us if we're grilling indoors. You could also use an indoor grill, a griddle, or grill them outside. I think you can even bake them in the oven but don't quote me on that.

I had mine on a bed of mixed greens, and a side of Coconut Sugar-Glazed Butternut Squash. I couldn't think at first what I wanted to top my burger because I wanted mustard but I didn't want the mustard with the greens. So I decided to go with a honey mustard dressing as a compromise and it was delicious!

Seriously, go out and buy these burgers because they're amazing!





Have a great Friday everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment