Monday, August 11, 2014

Watermelon Salad & an Afternoon Hike!

This weekend the weather was absolutely gorgeous and I knew I wanted to take full advantage of it! There's a nice wooded area a few blocks up from my house with plenty of trails and a creek so I like to take Layla for walks there. She absolutely loves going there and we're able to take her off leash so she can swim and explore around!

Before going Saturday afternoon, I made a salad for lunch full of fresh fruits and vegetables.

This salad had:
1/4 cup chopped watermelon
3-4 mini heirloom tomatoes
1/4 orange bell pepper
2 tbsp feta cheese
1/4 snap peas, halved
3 cups mixed greens
5 egg whites (not pictured)
1 dried apricot, diced
1 tbsp raspberry balsamic vinaigrette

I also had a balance bar with my salad for extra protein. I'm absolutely in love with the cookie dough flavored ones!







Layla definitely lives up to her retriever blood since she loves anything to do with the water! She was just itching to get in the creek and made a beeline for it as soon as we let her off the leash. 


 After our hike everyone was tired out! I was doing some reading in my room when Cosmo came up to cuddle. Layla didn't want to miss out so she wanted to get in on the cuddles, too! My sister snapped this picture of us all piled on my bed. Slowly but surely Layla is making friends with the cats, especially Cosmo. She always means well but to her surprise none of the cats ever seem to want to play wrestle with her.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment