Thursday, August 7, 2014

Banana Bread Cookies

This is by far my favorite healthy cookie recipe because it's so simple but comes out delicious every time! If you're a huge fan of banana bread then you'll love these because it literally tastes like banana bread in little cookie form. I had seen a posting of this recipe a couple years ago on Pinterest but the picture and pin didn't link back to an actual site. I've googled it before and it looks like tons of people have claimed credit for this recipe so I'm not sure who to give credit to but if you're out there, thank you very much!

I wish I could say I was the genius who developed this recipe but sadly I can't although that won't stop me from sharing it with you! I have played around with it before, though, with certain add-ins so I guess that means I've sorta contributed to the recipe, right? Well I did say sort of.

Anyway, it's really easy and you only need 2 ingredients:
2 ripe bananas
1 cup oats

Voila! I'm not kidding, it's that simple! I've made this recipe plenty of times before so I've made some adjustments to make it my own. Here's the recipe I follow:
2 ripe bananas
1 cup oats
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp honey
1/4 tsp of cinnamon (mostly just a sprinkle)

That's just to make them plain but you can add in whatever you like to make them more like cookies. I've done semi-sweet chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, walnuts, dried cranberries, and fresh blueberries! You could also do cocoa powder to make them chocolate, almond butter, or peanut butter/PB2 to get peanut butter cookies maybe even more cinnamon to get a snicker doodle-type taste. Actually I'm giving myself some ideas as I type this...

1. Preheat the oven to 350

2. Mash the bananas and add the rest of the ingredients + any add-ins you would like























3. Place on a greased baking sheet or a sheet lined with silpat.
You should get around 14 tablespoon-sized
cookies

4. Bake for about 11-14 minutes depending on your oven.

The cookies won't spread out or brown all that much on top so you have to check the bottoms. When they're firm and lightly golden then you know they're done!

5. Eat immediately!

My favorite is when they're fresh from the oven and still warm. I drizzle an extra bit of honey and sometimes will sneak extra cinnamon or chocolate chips on top. Trust me, they're delicious! You won't even know how healthy they are for you and the nutrition facts will leave you feeling guilt-free:

***calories per cookie: 38, 8g carbs, 0.5g fat, and 1g of protein (this is without any add-ins)

Nom nom nom nommmm

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment