Healthy Chicken Enchiladas:
6 whole grain tortillas (I used Tumaro's Low in Carbs Tortilla)
3 medium chicken breasts
1 green bell pepper, diced
Jar of organic chile verde sauce
4 oz shredded Mexican cheese
Lettuce and tomato for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 375
2. In a sauce pan, cook the chicken, pepper, and onion over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Spray the baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Fill each tortilla with the chicken, pepper, and onion mixture as well as a little bit of cheese. Make sure to save most of the cheese for the topping.
4. Place each tortilla in the dish and pour the jar of chile verde sauce over the enchiladas. You can use as much sauce as you like, we didn't use the whole jar. It depends on your heat preference!
5. Top with the remaining cheese and bake for about 20-25 minutes.
Note: we bumped up the oven temperature because we like the edges of our enchiladas to get crispy! If you want yours to be softer then I would suggest using a lower temperature around 350 and cooking them for a few minutes longer.
Fresh outta the oven
6. Add the lettuce and tomatoes for topping! You can also add whatever else you like (sour cream, extra sauce or cheese, other veggies). I just kept it simple with the veggies to keep the recipe healthier.