Thursday, October 9, 2014

"More Than A Number"

I'm really excited to share this video with you guys today because it comes from one of my favorite role models that I follow: Brittany Dawn!

She is passionate, motivating, honest, and inspires thousands of girls every day. Her posts are so real as she's been through it all, and she's not afraid to share it. That's what I love because it encourages me and gives me hope not only for myself, but for others who might need to hear it as well. She's an awesome example of finding balance as well as showing girls how to love yourself and be confident in your own skin.

Recently, she switched websites and with it came a video that has such a powerful message. It's called "More Than A Number", and it gave me chills and brought tears to my eyes. When I asked Brittany if I could share her video, I told her that it spoke directly to my heart and I 100% mean that.

There was a time when I weighed myself multiple times a day, letting those three little insignificant digits define me. What number came up determined if I'd make myself run extra miles that day, cut back on my food, or worse yet, how much I felt I was worth.

Now, that number means crap. It can't add up to my worth, no number can. Our worth cannot be determined by a scale, a simple calculation of our relationship to gravity. We are all more than a number!

"I am more than the food that I eat,
I am more than the clothes that I wear,
More than what you think I should be or what I could be
I am more than what you place on me
More than the words that you give to my name"

I'm so glad that Brittany made this video because more people need to hear it and truly understand the message. I love how she opens up about her past struggles, and what she went through to become the woman she is today. Her story is so inspiring and it gives me strength to keep going on my own journey. To know that I'm not alone and that others have gone through similar things. 

Some days this video is just exactly what I need to hear and be reminded. I pray that it does the same for you.  
"Because I know who I am
I know what I stand for
And I know what I'm worth
And no one can take that away from me"



"I am more than a number...and so are you"


No comments:

Post a Comment