Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Hummus Wraps

I made these wraps while I was away for the weekend with my dad and sister. It was meant to just be a use for the leftovers we had and not a specific recipe but they turned out to be really good! I had grabbed some whole wheat tortillas, lettuce, and snap peas while I was packing the food before we left because I just wanted some macro friendly food around.

When we had leftover steak, though, after dinner the first night I realized that I could make wraps for lunch. We had some hummus, lettuce, veggies, quinoa chips, and a protein which sounded like the perfect mix to me! 

For the wraps you'll need: 
1 low-carb whole wheat tortilla
1/4 cup snap peas
1/2 cup lettuce
2 tbsp of hummus (any flavor works, we used roasted pine nut)
3-4 oz of protein of choice (I've used steak or chicken)
2 quinoa chips, crumbled 

Since I've been home I tried out variations of the wraps as well! My latest one is with chicken instead of steak, kale, sunflower seeds, and a sprinkle of rice vinegar along with the regular ingredients from the original ones. I absolutely love it with the rice vinegar as it gives it a fresh taste! 


The wraps are easy enough to assemble. All you do is first spread the hummus out and then add the lettuce, veggies, and protein. Of course, you don't have to add any meat but can keep it vegetarian by adding in other vegetables. 



The quinoa chips aren't necessary either but I like how the crunch gives another texture to the wrap. 


Here are the chicken ones I've made! 


Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment