Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Mushroom & Onion Salad

I have an obsession with warm things on a cold salad. I couldn't tell you why I do but I think it's so much more interesting to have different temperatures and textures in a salad. As I've said before, I'll pretty much put anything on a salad and love experimenting!

One of my personal favorites is cooking onions to put over a salad while they're still warm. I was looking in the fridge for other ingredients and found some mushrooms as well so I figured why not! I love sauteed onions and mushrooms so why not on top of a salad?

This salad had:
3 egg whites
3 cups mixed greens
1 cup arugula
1/3 orange bell pepper, chopped
3-4 button mushrooms, sliced
1/4 small onion, sliced
handful of cherry tomatoes
raspberry balsamic dressing

To cook the onions and mushrooms all I did was saute them in a small pan on the stove for a few minutes until the onions softened and the mushrooms browned a bit. I seasoned them with salt and pepper and that's all it took!



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment