Monday, June 16, 2014

Strawberry Almond Oats

Oatmeal is one of my favorite breakfast foods! I used to think it was so boring and bland when I was a kid but now that I'm older I realize I can pretty much make it however I like. Fresh fruit is always a must and blueberries are my absolute favorite to have with oatmeal but I was out and had to make due with strawberries. I have to say, though, I didn't really miss the blueberries! I also love to add a crunchy ingredient to add more interesting texture to the oatmeal so I chose slivered almonds to stick with the almond theme. I've also used homemade granola, chocolate chips, and graham crackers before! Whatever crunchy topping that's in my pantry that could work I've probably tried out.

1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup sliced strawberries
1 tbsp all natural almond butter
1-2 tbsp sliced almonds

Just cook the oats as directed on the bag and stir in the strawberries, almonds, and almond butter once the oats are ready! I love adding almond butter because it gives the oats such a rich and creamy texture.




Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment