Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pb2 Yogurt Dip

I'm sure plenty of you know about and have tried the craze with peanut butter and greek yogurt. I've spent a good bit of time perfecting the ratios to my taste and I'm happy to say I'm ready to share the final product! I discovered that pb2 and agave work better than peanut butter and honey by making the dip smoother and it all incorporates better. I know some recipes call for cinnamon but I tried adding it once and I wanted to gag. I would not recommend adding cinnamon unless you've had it before in this recipe and know you like it. Otherwise, it just throws the taste off for me for some reason.

Okay so you only need three simple ingredients: pb2, plain greek yogurt, and agave! You can always use honey but I've found that the agave stirs in better and doesn't leave clumps like the honey does. Plus I just really love the taste of agave!

The ratio I've found is 3:1 meaning you need 3 tablespoons of greek yogurt for every 1 tablespoon of pb2. That way if you need to make this in larger batches it's easier because you don't have to worry about breaking down the recipe to weird fractions. In fact, that's why I looked into ratios rather than trying to figure out measurements of the ingredients because I'm awful when it comes to figuring out how to multiply or divide a recipe. Now when I go to make it I just remember it's a 3:1 ratio and don't have to worry about memorizing a recipe! I add the agave to taste until it's sweet enough for me. It's probably along the lines of 1 tsp or so but I just drizzle it in until I'm happy with the taste.

My favorite way to eat this dip is with an apple. Of course, you can pair it with anything you really want like fruits, graham crackers, or even cookies.

For a single serving just mix 3 tbsp of greek yogurt (plain or vanilla) with 1 tbsp of pb2 and about 1-2 tsp of agave (or honey). Enjoy!







***Nutritional Information*** (for single serving)
47 calories, 4g carbs, 7g protein, 1g fat


No comments:

Post a Comment