Sunday, May 25, 2014

Roasted Asparagus

One of my favorite things about spring is that all the fresh fruits and vegetables are in season! There's the cutest little farm by my house that grows all their own vegetables, plants, and flowers so I try to go there to support local farms. Since my sister is starting her own vegetable garden, she got a ton of plants to grow. I can't wait when I'll be able to go out in my own yard and pick veggies for dinner! We haven't really tried gardening yet so there's no guarantee that the green thumb runs in our family ;)

Anyway, they had bundles upon bundles of fresh asparagus for a great price so we scooped up as many as we could fit in the bag! The owner of the farm was so friendly and he even showed us some of the dogs he was breeding. They had the most beautiful and sweetest Rottweilers I've ever met and tried to convinced my sister to get a puppy but she said no :( yes I know I already have one adorable and loveable puppy but the more the merrier, right?

So to get over my heartbreak we made roasted asparagus with our picks from the farm. I actually didn't wait til we got home before I dove into the asparagus. Luckily it was already washed so I just munched on it raw while we drove home and it was delicious!

Okay so to roast the asparagus it's really simple!

1. preheat oven to 400 degrees

2. wash the asparagus, pat it dry, and cut the ends off since they can get pretty fibrous.

3. place the asparagus on the baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.



4. bake the asparagus for 10-12 minutes until the it is fork tender



I had mine with chicken and broccoli!

What's your favorite part about spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment