Thursday, May 15, 2014

Quinoa Bowls

Dinners aren't usually that complicated or fancy at my house. My sister and I are all about healthy and easy recipes! One of my favorite go-to recipes is a mixed bowl of a grain, protein, and veggie. We always have those on hand so it's easy for us to throw these together. I've done rice bowls before my quinoa but is my favorite.

All you need is quinoa, a lean protein (usually chicken or turkey for me), and some veggies!


Saute the veggies while your quinoa and chicken are cooking. I just drizzle some olive oil in a pan and sprinkle them with salt, pepper, and garlic! For this bowl I used brussel sprouts and mini heirloom tomatoes. I've been obsessed with those lately but I've used squash, zucchini, beans, and peppers in bowls before. 


Follow the directions on the box to cook your quinoa. I used a full serving (1/4 cup dry). 


Once everything is cooked, I throw it all together in the pan and add more salt and pepper to my taste. Let it cook for a couple more minutes to blend the flavors together. 


I added a little bit of feta on mine to top it off! Pesto is another favorite of mine that I'll use. I will pretty much put pesto on anything that I can. My whole bowl was under 350 calories and had 36g of protein! Not too shabby for a quick and easy recipe. 


I thought I'd leave you guys with this little bit of cuteness. Yes he's actually asleep and he stayed that way for quite some time. Such a snuggly goon, gotta love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment